52 Reasons To Love Newfound Lake
- Newfound Kayak Club
- Barking Brook Sled Dog Adventures, LLC. is located in Bridgewater,
NH. They offer dog sled rides by appointment. That would be nice to ride the lake someday...(603) 968-6874
- The name of Loon Island is rumored to have come from a resident Wesley Barnard of Hebron.
In 1878, while aboard a steam boat Wesley was shooting at a loon in the Hebron Bay. His gun accidentally discharged leaving
Wesley with a flesh wound to his left hand. The discharge happened by what is today called “Loon” island.
- Cliff Island once known as “Hog Island” most likely receive’s it’s name from the massive granite
rock rising from the lake on its northeast side. Cliff Island has the deepest waters of the lake at its base.
- Great day for a Mt. Cardigan hike... Fact: In 1855, a devastating fire burned over the
summit and removed all the vegetation, including the thin soil.
- Walk/bike path at the southern part of
- Taste of Newfound Lake: in July
- In May 2011 - Newfound Regional High School was named
the best High School in the state for their 2010 school year.
- DID YOU KNOW:
That the state of New Hampshire lists 959 lakes in it's "Official List of Public Waters." and Newfound Lake is the
- Bridgewater was once known as "Cottage City."
because of all the rental cottages.
- A 39.5" lake trout (28.8lbs) was caught in Newfound
Lake on 4/24/1958 by Albert Staples...largest fish.
for more reasons to love Newfound Lake....